In the spirit of March Madness, let’s talk brackets. The dental kind! If you’re offering your employees orthodontic coverage, make sure you’re up to speed on your dental benefits game.
If you don’t already offer orthodontic benefits, you might consider coverage at renewal, as it can be an attractive benefit if you’re trying to build or retain your workforce. A recent study shows that 88% of employees take “better health, dental and vision insurance” into consideration when choosing a job.
The Xs and Os
Generally, here’s what our plans cover*:
- Pre-orthodontic treatment visit
- Pre- and post-treatment records
- Extractions for orthodontics
- Orthodontic treatment
Our copay orthodontics game is strong! Compared to typical DHMO-type products, DeltaCare® USA is leading the league, with features like:
- A variety of treatment levels — interceptive orthodontics for children, limited orthodontics for children and adults, and comprehensive orthodontics for children and adults*
- A unique orthodontic takeover provision that allows enrollees to continue active treatment with their current orthodontist — even if the provider is not in our DeltaCare USA network
- Extractions for orthodontic treatment that could save enrollees hundreds of dollars out-of-pocket
If you currently offer orthodontic coverage, review the playbooks for Delta Dental PPOSM and DeltaCare USA plans and pass them on to your employees. For specifics, you can review your group contract and enrollees should log in to Online Services (or review their plan booklet) to confirm coverage.
* Your benefits may differ from the general information provided here. Review your group contract for specific details regarding coverage under your plan.