More people are becoming aware of the way that health issues can manifest in the mouth and oral health issues can exacerbate other medical conditions. With serious issues like heart disease being responsible for so many deaths in the U.S., your employees may be interested in learning how good dental health can improve their overall health. If they have medical conditions that affect their oral health, SmileWay® Wellness Benefits may help meet their needs.
Who’s eligible for SmileWay Wellness Benefits?
Not everyone is eligible for SmileWay Wellness benefits. To claim these benefits, your employees must:
- Have a Delta Dental PPO™ plan
- Belong to a group that offers SmileWay Wellness Benefits
- Have chosen to opt in to the program
If your employees have been diagnosed with any of the following, then they are eligible for expanded coverage:
- Heart disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
What are the benefits?
If your plan includes SmileWay Wellness Benefits, then employees are eligible for these added benefits each calendar or contract year:
- 100% coverage for one scaling and root planning procedure per quadrant (D4341 or D4342)
- and 100% coverage for four of the following in any combination:
- Prophylaxis (D1110 or D1120)
- Periodontal maintenance procedure (D4910)
- Scaling in the presence of moderate or severe gingival inflammation (D4346)
If your employees have medical issues that necessitate extra dental care, consider adding SmileWay Wellness Benefits to your coverage and letting them know. These benefits can help keep your employees both smiling and healthy, and healthy workers are a win-win for your company!