Language should never be a barrier to receiving proper care. One in seven people in the U.S. speaks Spanish at home, yet Hispanic adults with limited proficiency in English receive about one-third less health care than those with English proficiency.
In taking steps to bridge this gap, Delta Dental offers a variety of language assistance options for both you and your Spanish-speaking employees with a limited proficiency in English. Whether your employees are looking to improve their health from home or in their dentist’s chair, there is a resource just for them.
Resources for benefits administrators
- Our website, and all its offerings, can be found in Spanish. This includes plan information, wellness articles, videos and even Grin! magazine and is a perfect introduction to Delta Dental for new employees with limited English. You can assist your employees in finding the information they need about their plan by sharing helpful links that have already been translated.
- Flyers are a great way to share important information on common issues and conditions with your employees. Many of our monthly wellness materials and benefits resources can be found translated and ready to print on our Employee Resources page, which is also available in English. Looking for a document that’s available in English, but not yet in Spanish? Let your account manager know and our team will be happy to make a translation available.
Resources for employees
- Customer Service is available in Spanish, as well as English. To talk to a representative in Spanish, members can call 866–530-9675 and dial 8 when prompted. Answers to our most frequently asked questions are also available in Spanish on our website.
- Interpretation services are also available for in-person dental appointments when a Spanish-speaking staff member isn’t available. To request this service, members should contact Customer Service at least 72 hours in advance of an appointment.
- The online dentist directory is not only available in Spanish, but it includes information on which practices have Spanish-speaking staff. Members can use the Refine Search tool to find a Spanish-speaking dentist nearby.
Helping your employees find the right dentist to fit their needs has never been easier. Learn more about Delta Dental’s Language Assistance Program and how it can benefit your diverse team.