Two new teledentistry options have come to Delta Dental PPO™ and Delta Dental Premier® plans to deliver more value to members. Say hello to Toothpic and Delta Dental – Virtual Consult.
Utilizing these options doesn’t require any changes to the way your employees use their plans or cost your organization extra. Instead, they’re a new way for your employees to use their existing plan benefits — remotely. These new tools are an ongoing covered benefit and have no additional administrative costs or access fees for your group or your employees.1 When your employees use either of these tools, they can rest easy knowing that they’ll be connected with a licensed Delta Dental dentist they can trust.
Toothpic is a secure HIPAA-compliant app that provides a photo-based virtual diagnostic assessment from anywhere you have a smart device and an internet connection. It’s perfect for those who want a dental checkup with a Delta Dental dentist without an appointment. Toothpic lets your employees:
- Get evaluations on their own schedule by submitting pictures of their mouth, teeth and gums
- Receive a personalized in-depth report from a Delta Dental dentist within 24 hours
- Check in for diagnoses on areas of concern and get info about their next steps
Virtual Consult is a secure HIPAA-compliant video-based tool for having a virtual appointment with a dentist. It’s ideal for your employees who have urgent oral care needs, like pain or a cracked or chipped tooth, and want to speak directly with a Delta Dental dentist. With Virtual Consult, your employees can:
- Schedule and have a video appointment with a Delta Dental dentist without leaving home
- Have quick real-time consultations on urgent issues even if they don’t have a dentist they see regularly
- Get an e‑prescription and aftercare instructions for pain or infection
Virtual dentistry allows your employees to check in on their oral health from the comfort of their own home. Whether they’re just looking for a quick check-in or have an urgent concern, these teledentistry options can help them meet their needs with all the ease telehealth offers.
1. Members who have 100% coverage for oral evaluations and who have not exceeded their frequency limitations for office visits or limited oral evaluations are eligible to use Toothpic and Virtual Consult. Using Toothpic to receive a diagnostic report or using Virtual Consult for a remote visit each count as one office visit/oral evaluation for the purpose of frequency limitations.